GPAT 2022 Exam Dates are expected to be released in the month of November 2021 along with an official notification. GPAT 2022 Registration will likely start in December 2021 and continue till January 2022. Candidates planning to take admission in M.Pharma/ Integrated Ph.D can fill the online application forms by paying the fees of INR 2000 which is relaxed for the female candidates by 50%. Also, the minimum eligibility criteria to appear for the exam is Bachelor's degree in B.Pharm. Check GPAT Eligibility 2022
GPAT 2022 will be conducted in an online mode. GPAT is a 3-hour long test and will have125 multiple choice questions of a total of 500 marks. Based on GPAT 2022 Exam Pattern, for each correct answer students will get 1 mark while for incorrect answer -1 mark will be deducted. Questions asked in the exam are based on B.Pharma level topics and precisely from GPAT 2022 Syllabus. Candidates can also download GPAT Practice paper to get an idea about the type of questions and difficulty level of the paper.
What is GPAT? Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test, GPAT is a national level entrance exam conducted for the candidates seeking admission in M.Pharm programs. GPAT is conducted and managed by the NTA every year and based on the valid GPAT scores candidates become eligible for the admission process to over 800 GPAT participating colleges.
GPAT 2022 will be conducted at various Exam Centers across India. GPAT 2021 Scores will be valid for 3 years. Read the article to know more about GPAT 2022 important dates, registration, exam pattern, syllabus, and much more.
Table of Contents
- Highlights of GPAT 2022
- GPAT 2022 Exam Dates
- GPAT 2022 Eligibility
- GPAT Application Form 2022
- GPAT 2022 Exam Pattern
- GPAT Syllabus 2022
- GPAT Preparation 2022: Coaching Centers
- GPAT 2022 Admit Card
- GPAT 2022 Exam Center
- GPAT 2022 Result
- GPAT Cutoff 2022
Latest Application Forms 2021
||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test
|Exam Conducting Authority
||NTA (National Testing Agency)
|Cycle of Examination
|Mode of Application
|Date of Exam
|Mode of Exam
||Computer-Based i.e. Online
||M.Pharma/ Integrated PhD
GPAT 2022 Exam Dates
|GPAT 2022 Application Form Release Date
4th week of December 2021
|Last day for GPAT 2022 Registration
4th week of January 2022
|Last Date to pay GPAT 2022 Application Fee
||4th week of January 2022
|Last date to select test city
||1st week of February 2022
|GPAT 2022 Form Correction
||1st week of February 2022
|Availability of GPAT 2022 Admit Card
||2nd week of February 2022
|GPAT 2022 Exam Date
4th week of February 2022
|Announcement of GPAT 2022 Result
||1st week of March 2022
GPAT 2022 Eligibility
Aspirants must thoroughly go through the eligibility standards before applying for the examination. Major pointers are listed below and candidates fulfilling all GPAT Eligibility conditions can proceed to fill the application form.
||A Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy of a minimum of 4 years duration after 10+2
|Final Year B.Pharm
||Students in the final year of B.Pharm are also eligible for applying in the examination
||The candidate must be a citizen of India
||There is no minimum or maximum age restriction for appearing in GPAT
GPAT Application Form 2022
Candidates can fill GPAT 2022 Application form via online mode only. Applications sent via post or email will not be accepted under any circumstances. Major steps involved in GPAT Registration:
- Step 1: GPAT Registration – Self Registration i.e. register for Online Application Form and note down system generated Application Number. Enter all the required details, Set Password, and create login credentials.
- Step 2: Fill and Complete GPAT Application Form 2021 – Login with the system-generated User ID and Password. Enter your Personal, Academic, and other details.
- Step 3: Uploading of Scanned Documents Scanned – Scan your Photo and Signature as per the defined standards. Failing to do the same will result in the cancellation of candidature. Check Now
- Step 4: Payment of online Application Fees – Pay Examination Fee by SBI MOPS, Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card, or e-Challan). The fee varies as per the candidate’s category.
|General/ OBC- NCL
Male: INR 2000
Female: INR 1000
|For SC/ ST/ PwD
Male: INR 1000
Female: INR 1000
Check detailed GPAT 2021 Registration
GPAT 2022 Exam Pattern
GPAT 2022 is a computer-based test (CBT). Candidates appearing in GPAT Exam must know the exam pattern so that they can prepare accordingly. You can find the detailed GPAT Exam Pattern in the table below:
|Mode of examination
||Online (Computer-based test)
|Duration of examination
|Type of questions
|No. of Questions
|Language of Question Paper
||4 marks will be awarded for each right answer
||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
GPAT Syllabus 2022
There are four main sections of GPAT 2022 Syllabus. The subjects and topics that are there in GPAT 2021 syllabus are as follows:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
||Number of Questions
Candidates can solve the previous year question papers to score well in GPAT 2021 examination. Candidates are advised to collect the best books and study materials so that they can prepare well for the examination.
GPAT Preparation 2022: Coaching Centers
GPAT Coaching has gained significant popularity in recent years. The syllabus for GPAT is based on the undergraduate curriculum prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India. Most aspirants opt for coaching to gain expert guidance and specialized study material. Coaching institutes usually offer exclusive coaching for GPAT or more generalized coaching for other pharmacy exams as well like NIPER JEE. Candidates can find the list of top GPAT Coaching Centers in the country below:
- RAHE (Ratiram Academy of Higher Education)
- Pharma Sapience
- Score Tutorials
- Elite Academy
- The GATE Academy
- Pharma Glimps
GPAT 2022 Admit Card
Candidates who have registered successfully can download GPAT 2022 Admit Card from NTA’s website. The document carries all the details related to the candidate and examination. Steps to download the same are as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the official website for GPAT, gpat.nta.nic.in.
- Step 2: Log in with your application number and password.
- Step 3: Select GPAT 2022 admit card from the menu.
- Step 4: Enter your application number and click the “Submit” button.
- Step 5: GPAT 2022 Hall Ticket will appear on your computer screen. Check and download the document.
Without admit card, candidates will not be allowed to give the entrance examination. Candidates must check if all the details mentioned on their GPAT 2021 admit card are accurate. Candidates must immediately contact the conducting authority if there is any discrepancy in the admit card. The details that will be mentioned on your GPAT 2021 admit card is as follows:
- Name of candidate
- Roll Number
- Date of birth
- Name of exam center
- Address of exam center
- Date and time of examination
- Instructions for exam
Candidates are advised to read the instructions for an exam that will be printed on the back of their admit card. Candidates must carry their admit card to the exam center on the day of examination along with an identity proof, such as Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, etc.
GPAT 2022 Exam Center
- The exam center for GPAT 2022 will be clearly mentioned on the admit card of candidates.
- There are approximately 90 GPAT exam centers spread all over India.
- Candidates need to report to the exam center at least 30 minutes before the exam starts.
- Candidates are required to choose a maximum of four centers as per their preference while filling the application form.
- The conducting authority will not change the exam center once it is allotted to candidates.
GPAT 2022 Result
GPAT Result will be released in March 2022. GPAT Score is accepted by around 800 participating pharmacy institutes. GPAT is accepted by all AICTE approved institutions, universities and colleges.
- Candidates must apply separately to the desired GPAT 2022 participating institutes with the scores of the examination.
- Then, each participating institute will release their respective cut-off GPAT Score which candidates should meet to get qualified for admission to that particular institute.
- Candidates are advised to see the details of the admission process of each participating institute of GPAT 2022 on their respective websites.
The steps for downloading GPAT 2022 scorecard is as follows:
- Visit the official website.
- Login by using your user ID and password.
- Click on the link that says “GPAT 2022 scorecard”. You will be redirected to a page where you can download your scorecard.
- Enter your roll number.
- Your GPAT 2022 scorecard will appear on your computer screen. Download the scorecard and take a printout of it as it will be required during counseling.
Know more about GPAT 2021 Result
GPAT Cutoff 2022
Candidates can check the category-wise GPAT qualifying Cutoff for the year 2020. Based on the GPAT cut off provided below candidates can get an idea about the marks they need to score in order to get admission to the colleges accepting GPAT scores.
||No. of qualifiers
|Economically Weaker Section
|Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)
|Scheduled Caste (SC)
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)
GPAT 2022 Scholarship/ Financial Assistance
GPAT qualified candidates can also avail of scholarships through NTAor CSIR for pursuing further studies and research in the field of pharmacy. GPAT qualified candidates can subsequently register for NIPER JEE to pursue M.Pharma in NIPER, the nation’s premier Pharmacy Institute.
- The financial assistance through NTA can be availed through the institute from where the institute is pursuing M.Pharma. The scholarship is tenable for the period of pursuing the postgraduate program. CSIR’s financial assistance (fellowship) on the other hand is available for pursuing integrated 5-year M.Pharma-PhD from AcSIR or any other laboratory of CSIR.
- These scholarships are also available for GATE qualified candidates for pursuing M.E/M.Tech/Ph.D. The fellowship amount through CSIR is INR 25000. The fellowship is however not available for candidates who have qualified SRF (Senior Research Fellowship).
- Scores obtained in GPAT are used by all the institutions, departments and colleges approved by AICTE to provide admission to M.Pharma programs. GPAT 2021 Scores will be valid for three years from the date of announcement of the result for admission in PG program and for the purpose of applying for scholarship in M. Pharma course.
Even after completing M.Pharma degree, if someone is interested in getting registered for Ph.D. degree and availing National Doctoral Scholarship, the same score will be applicable. Candidates qualified in GPAT 2021 can apply for scholarship.
GPAT 2022 Counselling
Candidates will be called for GPAT 2021 Counselling on the basis of their merit list. GPAT 2021 Merit List will specify the roll number of candidates, category, rank, total score, and qualified/non-qualified status. Counselling of candidates will be conducted individually by the various NTA-approved institutions. Allotment of seats will be on the basis of scores that candidates have obtained in the entrance examination. Check GPAT Counselling Process
All the documents mentioned below should be carried at the time of counselling:
- Mark sheet and certificate of the qualifying examination
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Migration certificate
- Transfer certificate
- GPAT 2021 admit card
- GPAT 2021 scorecard
- Passport size photographs
Candidates need to follow the admission procedure of institutions that will be allotted to them on the basis of their GPAT 2021 scores. The notification of admission will be published on the official website. NTA will then send GPAT 2021 Merit List to the respective state governments for allotting seats to qualified candidates. The participating institutions/colleges of GPAT will then offer admission to candidates on the basis of their GPAT scores.
GPAT 2022 FAQs
Ques. What are the exam dates of GPAT 2021?
Ans. GPAT 2022 Exam Dates are expected to be released in the month of November 2021 along with an official notification.
Ques. Who will be conducting GPAT 2022 and what will be the registration dates?
Ans. NTA is the conducting body of GPAT. GPAT 2022 Registration will likely start in December 2021 and continue till January 2022. Candidates planning to take admission in M.Pharma/ Integrated Ph.D can fill the online application forms by paying the fees of INR 2000 which is relaxed for the female candidates by 50%.
Ques. When will GPAT 2022 Results be released?
Ans. GPAT 2021 Results are expected to be released by March 2022. Candidates will be able to download GPAT Scorecards from the official website of GPAT. The validity of GPAT score is 3 years.
Ques. How to check the answer key for GPAT 2022?
Ans. You can check the answer key for the examination by login in to the official website of GPAT NTA at gpat.nta.nic.in/ using the credential received at the time of the registration process.
Ques. Can I receive the scorecard of GPAT 2022 through offline mode?
Ans. No, you will not receive the scorecard or GPAT 2022 Result and scorecard through any offline mode. You have to download it via online mode and from the official website of GPAT.
Ques. What are the duration and the time of GPAT 2022?
Ans. The duration of this aptitude test is 3 hours and the time will be from 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM. And there is only one shift.
Ques. What is the maximum age limit to apply for GPAT 2022?
Ans. There is not any age limitation to appear in GPAT 2022. You can sit for the examination at any age.
Ques. How many candidates have been registered for the examination in the year 2021?
Ans. There are 50,975 candidates who have been registered for the entrance examination in 2021.
Ques. Do I need to carry any category certificate on the day of the entrance examination in 2022?
Ans. Yes, you need to bring the admit card along with a valid photo ID proof and a category certificate, if possible, on the day of the examination.