NEET MDS 2022 Application Forms have been released online on Jan 04. To fill NEET MDS 2022 Application Forms candidates must have completed Bachelor's Degree in Dental Surgery with a one-year Internship from a recognized Dental college. There is no minimum marks criteria to apply for the exam. Check NEET MDS Eligibility
- NEET MDS 2022 exam is to be held on March 6, 2022 on a Computer Based Platform at various test centres across the country. Check NEET MDS 2022 Exam Dates
- NEET MDS 2022 is a 3-hour long examination with 240 questions based on the topics studied in the BDS curriculum. The questions will be MCQ type and for every correct answer, 4 marks were awarded whereas for incorrect answers 1 mark was deducted. Check NEET MDS Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- The scores obtained in NEET MDS will be accepted in most of the top-ranking dental colleges in India. Check NEET MDS 2022 Cut off
- Various state exam boards also accept NEET MDS scores to grant admission for various dental courses offered by institutes of the state. Check Top NEET MDS Participating Colleges
What is NEET MDS? NEET MDS is conducted every year in a computer-based online mode for admission in around 6,000 MDS seats under 50% All India Quota and 50% state quota. NEED MDS is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination and no other entrance examination, either at the state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MDS courses.
Table of Contents
- NEET MDS 2022 Exam Dates
- NEET MDS 2022 Eligibility & Application Form
3.1 NEET MDS 2022 Application Form
3.2 NEET MDS Form Correction
- NEET MDS 2022 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
4.1 NEET MDS 2022 Syllabus
- NEET MDS 2022 Result
- NEET MDS 2022 Cut off
- NEET MDS 2022 Counselling & Seat Allotment
- NEET MDS 2022 Reservation
NEET MDS 2022 Exam Dates
|Release of Official Notification
||January 4, 2022
|NEET MDS 2022 Registration begins
||January 4, 2022
|Last day to submit NEET MDS 2022 Application Form
||January 24, 2022
|NEET MDS 2022 Form Correction Window
||January 28 to 31, 2022
|Final Edit Window to rectify Deficient/Incorrect Images
||February 12 to 15, 2022
|Issue of NEET MDS Admit Card 2022
||March 1, 2022
|NEET MDS 2022 Exam Date
||March 6, 2022
|Announcement of NEET MDS 2022 Result
||March 21, 2022
Check NEET MDS 2022 Complete Schedule
NEET MDS 2022 Eligibility
The basic eligibility for application for NEET MDS:
||Bachelor Degree in Dental Surgery
||One-year Internship in a recognized Dental college
|Eligibility Criteria for All India 50% Quota Seats
- Candidates who have studied/passed BDS from J&K are not eligible for 50% AIQseats.
- Candidates who were nominated by the Government of India to do BDS in J&K shall be eligible to apply for admission.
NEET MDS 2022 Application Form
NEET MDS 2022 Application Form can be filled online through NBE Website. The application form consists of four major steps:
- Step 1: Profile Creation – Candidates applying for the first time on NBE Website will be asked to create a profile. Candidates who have applied earlier can use their login details. They will be asked to enter a Captcha for security reasons.
- Step 2: Filling of Application – The first step in filling up of NEET MDS Application Form is a selection of the exam from the drop-down. Candidates must opt for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test – Master of Dental Surgery to proceed. Candidates will be taken to the personal information page and asked to fill in the details.
- Step 3: Selection of Exam Schedule and Center – NEET MDS 2022 will be conducted all across the country. Candidates can select the NEET MDS Exam Center based on their accessibility. The center will be allotted on a first come first serve basis.
- Step 4: Application Fee – NEET MDS application fees should be paid in the online mode. Candidates should ensure that the payment is successful to complete submission of the application form. The payment can be made through: Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking
The application fees for various categories is as follows:
|General /Other Backward Category
|SC / ST / PWD
NEET MDS Form Correction
Candidates may note that the following data of the application form are non-editable. These details cannot be edited during the time of NEET MDS Form Correction.
NEET MDS 2022 Result
NEET MDS result 2022 will be released online by March 21, 2022. The score will be valid only for the qualifying year. The steps to check the NEET MDS result are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of NBE, nbe.edu.in
- Login using your login credentials
- Look for ‘Check Result’ tab
- Result will be displayed.
- Download and Print for future reference.
NEET MDS Tie Breaker Criteria
In the event of two or more candidates obtaining the same marks, the merit position shall be determined using the following tie-breaker criteria in descending order:
- Candidate who has a lesser number of incorrect responses in the overall paper (Part A & B) shall be placed at a higher merit position.
- Candidate with the higher score in Part B of the question paper shall be placed at a higher merit position.
- Candidate who has a lesser number of incorrect responses n Part B of the paper shall be placed at a higher merit position.
- Failing which, date of birth of the candidate will be taken into consideration. Older candidates will be placed at a better merit position.
NEET MDS 2022 Cut off
NEET MDS Cut off 2022 is determined by the percentile obtained by a candidate. Percentile is calculated on the basis of the highest marks secured in the exam. Candidates should meet NEET MDS Cut off to be eligible for subsequent rounds of the admission process. The minimum qualifying scores and percentile after the 2021 examination are mentioned below:
||Cut off percentile
||Cut off scores 2021
|General Category (UR/EWS)
|SC/ST/OBC (including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET MDS 2022 Counselling & Seat Allotment
NEET MDS 2022 Counselling will start in March. The counselling will be conducted online and candidates will be asked to visit the allotted college/institution for document verification. Counselling for different quota will be conducted by different bodies at separate schedules. Read More NEET MDS Counselling
- All India 50% Quota – Medical Counselling Committee, Directorate General of Health Services
- State Quota Seats – State Designated Authority / University
- Private Dental Colleges / Institutions / Universities / Deemed Universities – Designated Counselling Authority of Private Dental Colleges / Institutions / Universities / Deemed Universities
- Armed Forces Medical Services – Army Dental Corps, Ministry of Defence, Government of India
NEET MDS Seat Allotment
The counseling authorities for allotment of various types of seats to eligible and successful candidates is summarized as follows:
||Types of Seats
All India 50% Quota
Dental Educational Institutions of Central Govt. Universities established by an Act of Parliament Deemed Universities
|Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India
||State quota seats in All Dental Institutions in a state and seats in institutions established by State Govt. , Universities established by Act of State / Union Territory Legislature, Municipal Bodies Trust, Society, Company or Minority Institutions.
||State Government or authority designated by the State Government
Candidates are advised to regularly visit the website of MCC, NBE & State Counselling Authorities for the latest updates.
NEET MDS 2022 Reservation
For information regarding reservations in institutions for DGHS counselling, candidates should visit the official website for Medical Counseling Committee (www.mcc.nic.in).
||27% (only in central government institutions / central universities