Assam Institute of Management, shortly referred to as AIM, was established in 1988 as a public institute in Guwahati. It offers 4 specializations of MBA, recently converted from the PGDM courses. Admissions to the courses are on the basis of entrance examinations, followed by Personal Interviews and Group Discussions. The admission process is both online and offline.
The highest salary package offered was INR 14 LPA and the average salary package was of INR 4 LPA. Some of the top recruiters are ITC, Asian Paints, ICICI, CCD, Kent, Indusind Bank, Kotak, Marico, Airtel, Jio, HDFC, Axis Bank, Oppo, Loreal, etc.
Assam Institute of Management Highlights
|Established | Type||1988 | Public |
|Approved by||All India Council of Technical Education|
|Affiliated to||Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU)|
|Entrance Test||CAT/ CMAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ MAT|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test + Interview|
|Top Recruiters||Jio, HDFC, Axis Bank, SBI, etc|
|Facilities||Library, Computer Centre, Student Activities|
Assam Institute Of Management Highlights
||Assam Science And Technology University
|Ranking Body / Magazine
The institute offers an MBA course, recently converted from the PGDM course. This includes four specializations. The course is approved by AICTE and is affiliated to ASTU. The details of the course are as mentioned below:
|MBA||Duration: 2 years|
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, except Fine Arts, with a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks
A candidate seeking admission to the two Year programme would have to be a graduate in any discipline, except Fine Arts, with a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks. SC/ST applicants with minimum 45% marks would also be eligible.
- Candidates having uniformly good academic background will be given preference.
- The following are the weightage criteria for MBA admission: Academic Background – 15%; Entrance Score – 50%; Group Discussion – 15%; Personal Interview- 15%; Work Experience – 5%.
- Selected students have to produce original copy of Migration Certificate and Students with Gap period in academics will have to submit Gap Certificate for submission to Assam Science and Technology University during registration process after admission.
Duration: 2 years
Click Assam Institute Of Management COURSE & FEES
Assam Institute of Management is located in Guwahati, Assam and was established in the year 1988. Assam Institute of Management offers MBA course at PG level.
- Candidates can apply in the offline mode, by downloading the application form from the official website of the college.
- Candidates applying for MBA must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks, to be considered as eligible.
- MBA seats will be allotted on the basis of performance in the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for the GD and PI rounds based on their scores in CAT / CMAT / XAT / ATMA / MAT examinations.
- GD and PI rounds will be conducted by the college for the shortlisted candidates.
Assam Institute Of Management Admission Highlights 2022
|Name of Institute||Assam Institute of Management |
|Type of Institute||Private|
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||Graduation|
|Basic Admission Criteria||CAT/CMAT/XAT/ATMA/MAT|
|Max CTC||INR 14 LPA|
|Min. CTC||INR 4 LPA|
Assam Institute Of Management MBA Admission 2022
Assam Institute of Management offers admission to the MBA programme. The Admission will be based on the marks secured in CAT/CMAT/XAT/ATMA/MAT along with the performance in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
|Mode of Education||Full Time|
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||Graduation Degree |
|Basic Admission Criteria||CAT/CMAT/XAT/ATMA/MAT|
|Highest CTC||INR 14 LPA|
|Minimum CTC||INR 4 LPA|
Candidates with graduation degree can apply for admission to the course. Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts discipline will not be considered eligible for applying.
Assam Institute Of Management MBA Eligibility:
- Graduation Degree holder from a recognized institute or university.
- Minimum 50% marks should be secured in the final examination.
- Students appearing for the final examination can apply for admission.
Assam Institute Of Management MBA Selection Criteria:
- Selection to the course will be based on the marks secured in the CAT/CMAT/XAT/ATMA/MAT.
- The qualified candidates will be invited for group discussion and Personal Interview.
- The selected candidate’s list will be uploaded on the official website of the institution.
- The final selection will be based on the overall performance in CAT/CMAT/XAT/ATMA/MAT along with Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
The weightage will be as followed:
|Written Test Score||50|
|Personal Interview ||15|
|Work Experience ||5|
How to Apply for Assam Institute Of Management?
Candidates can apply to the PGDM course at AIM in the offline mode. They will have to download the application form from the college website and then send it to the institute.
However, candidates will have to apply to the CAT / XAT / CMAT / ATMA / MAT on their respective official websites. The following are the steps to apply for AIM:
- Visit the official website of the Assam Institute of Management: http://www.aimguwahati.edu.in/
- Click on “Academics” and then on “Admission” button.
- Further, click on the “Click here to download Admission Form (1st Phase)” button.
- Download the application form and take a print out of the same.
- Fill the application form correctly.
- Make a Demand Draft of INR 1000/- in favor of “Assam Institute of Management”, payable at Guwahati.
- Send the filled application form, along with the DD and necessary documents attached to the following address:
Assam Institute of Management, Bigyan Path (Opposite IASST),
Paschim Boragaon, Guwahati – 781035.
Note: Candidates will have to attach self-attested copies of all their previous mark sheets and caste certificates (if applicable), along with the application form.
Assam Institute Of Management Reservation Criteria
MBA seats at AIM are reserved in the following manner: 5% for ST(H), 10% for ST(P), 7% for SC and 27% for OBC. Additionally, three sets will be reserved for foreign / NRI – Sponsored applicants and two seats will be reserved for candidates from the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim for which nomination from respective state governments is essential
Know more Assam Institute Of Management ADMISSION
Assam Institute of Management Placements
The AIM alumni seem to have ready acceptance in industries. AIM alumni are posted in places like Kathmandu, Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Pune, Bhubaneswar, Delhi, Mumbai, etc. apart from being in various places in the North East. The highest package offered was INR 14 LPA and the average salary package offered was INR 4 LPA. Some of the popular recruiters include:
|AXIS Bank||HDFC Bank||ICICI Bank||ICICI Prudential|
|Colgate Palmolive||CavinCare||Future Group||IFB Industries|
|Kellogg’s||Kent RO||IndusInd Bank||Kotak Bank|
|Pepsi CO||SBI Life||SafeChem Industries||Bridgestone Tyres|
Know more Assam Institute Of Management PLACEMENT
Assam Institute Of Management Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the institute include:
- Library: The institute has a well-stocked library with more than 11500 volumes and subscribing to nearly 50 journals and magazines and daily newspapers. It also maintains newspaper clippings, collection of corporate annual reports, audio/ video/ CD reference materials and publications, and reports of committees.
- Computer Centre: The Institute has a computer center with fifty computers with printing facilities. It also has broadband Internet facilities supported by NKN for the students along with Wi-Fi facilities throughout the campus.
- Student Activities: The institute runs many unique programs and activities, which contribute to the overall development of the participants. These include AIM-QUEST, AIM-SPORTS, AIM-CULTURAL NIGHT, Yoga, Social Activity, Seminars, and Blood Donation Camps.
Know more Assam Institute Of Management HOSTEL
Ans. Candidates having a uniformly good academic background are given preference. The weightage criteria for MBA admission is as follows:Academic Background 15%Entrance Score 50%Group Discussion 15%Personal Interview 15%Work Experience 5%
Ans. Participants admitted to the MBA program are not allowed to join any full-time job during the course of the program. Any student found violating this stipulation would be immediately expelled from the course. Even for part-time jobs, prior approval of the Director would be necessary.
Ans. The reservation is as follows:ST (H) 5%ST (P) 10%SC 7%OBC/ MOBC 27%Foreign/ NRI sponsored Applicants 3 seatsAIM also has two seats each reserved for students from Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, and Sikkim for which nomination from respective state governments are essential.
Ans. The schedule for admission is as follows:Last Day to submit Application Form March 15, 2022Group Discussion and Personal Interview March 22, 202
Ans. The mailing address of the college is Assam Institute of Management, (A Government of Assam Society), Bigyan Path, Paschim Boragaon, Near IASST, Guwahati-781035, Assam. You can also contact them at 0361-2131992 or email them at [email protected]