Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering (YCCE), Nagpur was established in the year 1984. It has the approval of AICTE & is affiliated to Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University. NAAC has accredited the college with an ‘A’ grade. It has been ranked at 139th position among the engineering colleges by NIRF in 2020. Presently, it is running B.Tech across 7 disciplines and M.Tech across 6 disciplines.
Yeshwantrao Chavan College Of Engineering Highlights
||Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University
The department has an excellent track record in placing students in reputed organizations. All the reputed organizations including MNCs come to the College for campus students, in turn have made the college feel proud by excelling in their roles. It has been the department's endeavor to develop competent human resources with necessary technical skills and responsible citizens for the society. We take feedback from industries regarding designing/changing of curriculum so that high quality is achieved in technical education and professional guidance imparted at this institute.
Know more YESHWANTRAO CHAVAN COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
- The college is guided by the Academic Advisory Board consisting of eminent academicians from the prestigious technical institutes in India and USA. The college is having well qualified and experienced senior faculty members.
- Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering (YCCE) is renowned for Engineering Education and Research. For over 36 years, it has successfully nurtured young engineering professionals, becoming a sought-after destination for students aspiring to higher technical education and placement in the competitive software and core industries. It offers a rare combination of respected scholars, international footprint and interdisciplinary studies
- A premier institute, YCCE became one of the few selected well-performing colleges for Government of India's Technical Education Quality Improvement Program (TEQIP Phase I), funded by the World Bank. With the TEQIP financial aid, the Institution has created state-of-the-art infrastructure, laboratories, computational facilities, library etc
- YCCE has become the First private engineering college to acquire 'Autonomous' status in Central India. Under the new status, the first batch of students commenced their and courses from the academic session 2010-2011. In the year 2016-17, UGC peer team visited YCCE & granted ‘Extension of Autonomy’ for 6 years (2016-2022).
- Quality assurance through Accreditation and Re-Accreditation of UG & PG programs by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi Since 2003
- Mechanical Engg., Civil Engg., Electrical Engg., Electronics & Telecomm. Engg., Electronics Engg. and Information Tech. programs are Accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi upto June 2023.
- Structural Engg, Integrated Power System and CAD-CAM are also Accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi upto June 2019
- Accreditation with ‘A’ Grade by UGC National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore
- Received ISTE National Award 2014 for being the “Best Private Engineering College” in the Country.
- All India 32nd Rank, 23rd Rank amongst Self-Financing & 4th Rank in West Zone by DataQuest-CMR Ranking-2020
- All India 134th Rank amoungst IIT’s, NIT’s, Government and Autonomous Engineering Institutions by NIRF, MHRD, Govt. of India, 2019.
- Ranked amongst Top 150 Engineering Institutions all over India including IITs, NITs, Govt. & Autonomous Engineering Institution by NIRF, MHRD, Govt. of India in 2017 and also in 2018. All India 93rd rank amongst IITs, NITs,Govt. & Autonomous Engineering Institution by NIRF, MHRD, Govt. of India, 2016
- Received 2nd prize for YCCE Magzine from RTMNU, Nagpur in 2019-20.
- Awarded 'A' Grade by the Government of Maharashtra in the year 2002-2003
- All technical departments of the Institution are recognized as a center for Higher Learning and Research for pursuing by RTM Nagpur University. At Present about 44 scholars have registered for Ph. D. research programs and about 110 candidates have been awarded Doctoral () degree.
- In last 5 Years, the institute has received financial assistance of Rs. Cr. from various funding agencies like AICTE, DST, UGC etc.
- Innovation Gallery for displaying innovative UG/PG project work of students
- MSME technology business incubators under ASPIRE ( A scheme for promotion of innovation, rural industries and entrepreneurship) & business incubator under a scheme for development of managerial and entrepreneur skills through incubator.
- Nodal Centre for “Smart India Hackathon”, an initiative of MHRD Govt. of India.
- Accreditation by repeated corporates/industries like TCS, Capgemini, Wipro etc. for enhancing student’s placement and internship.
Ans. These two colleges are the most reputed and preferable engineering colleges in their location. The placement record of VIIT Pune is a little better than YCCE, Nagpur, and especially for Computer Engineering and Electronics and the Telecommunication Engineering department. VIIT and YCCE are accredited by the NBA.
Ans. Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology(VIIT), Pune Vidhyarthi Griha’s College of Engineering and Technology(PVG), Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering (YCCE), Nagpur, and the MIT Academy of Engineering (MITAOE) all of these institutes are reputed engineering